Saturday, September 12, 2015

Here I am and it is HOT!!




Well, I am here in Kiribati!

 First thing first, it is very hot here! Good stuff though.

 This is pretty much the poorest place I have ever seen in my life. But way cool! McKenna will enjoy this, there are pigs just chilling along the roads and such! (McKenna raises pigs all summer and then takes them to the county fair)   There are also dogs, cats, chickens, and naked kids running around with just the regular Kiribati people in the streets.

 I am safe and everything is good. I will fly back to Fiji Monday and stay the night there and then I fly to Christmas Island.  I will be serving in Banana with Elder Whitehead as my trainer. Elder Whitehead is from South Ogden and in Dave and Val’s ward.  Christmas Island is not really considered an outer island because it is probably as nice as Tarawa the capital of Kiribati. But I will see.  I believe the Lord is testing me to see if I will truly work as hard as I can wherever I go. I am ready to work and I trust in the Lord. 

Well, that is all I can write.

 I love you all, and I will email actually Monday or Tuesday depending on what happens!

Elder Dinsdale

From Jen:  Here are some pictures that I found of Banana/ Christmas Islands.  I think Scott will be able to get some email and would love to hear from you if you have a minute to email him.  I know he would also be thankful for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment