Monday, January 18, 2016

Octupus anyone?

Look at the far left and there is Elder Dinsdale!!




Hey,
My week has been really good. We went fishing today with President Weir and it was great. Today was my first time I have actually put in a line in the ocean and really fished!!  Yep, I caught myself a small shark!!  I was so excited and after that a small octopus! Soo yeah it is pretty much the coolest type of fish to catch ever and I caught them!!



I am pretty excited to have a new companion, but I have really enjoyed my time with Elder Johnson.  One of the things I thought was cool is to work with a bunch of people while I am on Kiritimas Island.  As far as my new companion he will be here on Wednesday and nobody seems to know him. This doesn’t usually happen but literally people don't know anything about him. The one thing I have heard is that he is a good cook so that is chill.

President Weir is here but didn't bring my packages. (I am guessing he came from the Marshall Islands and not from Tarawa)  I am hoping my new companion will bring me some letters or maybe a package. 

I got a Christmas card from the Brackens in our new ward. Tell them thanks. Are they the Brackens that we went to their farm when I caught their goat?   

Congratulations Amanda, Eric and Beckham on your new baby Jonah. Sounds like a cool name. I hope he will watch out for whales though.

That is good that Sarah is working with Tami. Honestly working with her I feel like just really builds the confidence of people and really helps people sing a lot better.  Sarah wrote me about the party that she had in my basement. I am glad that she is having fun and doing good things. The pictures of it were weird though because it was a bunch of young kids partying in my basement. I guess I will just have to get used to it.

That is cool that you saw Jay Christensen at Grist Mill.  Please tell him I said hello for me and tell him that there is a Kiribati dude names Itimaera (Ishamel in English) that reminds me of him because he is always climbing trees and stuff like a crazy person.

Our investigators are doing really well. One girl (that I told you about last week) her mom is forbidding her at the moment to come to church which slightly stinks... But we have another really solid girl we just got and a potential Melchizedek Priesthood holder.  He has come 2 weeks in a row now to church and we hope to be talking to him about baptism soon. We were able to have 2 more people baptized this week which are from the family of Karaiti (who was baptized last week). We also got 4 new investigators.  One issue that is going to be coming soon is that all our people will go back to school in February except for the ones that work.  So that will be exciting to see what will happen.  I am sure we will find more people to teach.  So that was great!!

Well, things are going really well here. I am healthy, the language is good and ready to go for another week of good stuff on Kiritimas Island!  I hope you are all doing good things.



Elder Dinsdale


No comments:

Post a Comment