Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Abaiang today, Tabiteuea tomorrow!!



Hello,                                                                
So there is a ton of stuff to write today and unfortunately I am being rushed for time a little bit. I will try and answer all your questions and write what is going on.

So on Wednesday night I was told that I was being transferred.  On Friday morning we left on the speed boat back to Tarawa. A couple people on the boat were fishing while we were heading back so that was pretty fun.  I will miss Elder Musser (my companion) he was great to work with.  The mission is running out of missionaries so they are only having 2 missionaries in Abaiang and I am headed to the Island Tabiteuea.   I am flying to Tabiteuea tomorrow with Elder Carrington! I am very excited!

 Here is a little about Abaiang.  We had our first baptism on Abaiang the Saturday before I left!!! A girl named Otobina. She was way ready and just a super sweet girl. There should be a ton more people baptized down there I bet in the next month as the work was going way good when I left. So the reason that I couldn’t email last week was we were busy getting some people married and that took up most of my P-Day.  And then that night at the school the internet wasn’t working.  But, the wedding was way fun!

They had a pretty big farewell party for me. It was way sweet and I gave all my candy away to everybody.

I got my package and it was awesome!!  The Reese’s Peanut Butter cups were the best ever!! Tell Sarah that I will totally rock the High School Musical shirt!!  The tools will be very useful for our bikes and the new white shirts are perfect.  Thanks so much for everything in the package. The Indiana Jones card was sweet and also tell Sarah thanks for her card it was super funny!

I have a cool story for all you guys to satisfy your want for cool stories. There is a kid named Babakai. He is like 16 or so but he has just been way sweet lately. He was reading in the Book of Mormon and was reading about when God told Nephi if he did what he was supposed to then he would go to the land of promise. He then took out his Plan of Salvation pamphlet and found the question about where you go after this life. He then told us all about this and how the scripture in Nephi answered the question. And he told us if he did what he should then he would be going to the land of promise. It was just way awesome to me on how he completely personalized the scriptures to himself.  We should all read the scriptures and try to apply them to ourselves even if we don't think they would apply. That was my cool story.

I would like to say that I could guarantee that I will Skype on mother’s day but I don't think I will be able to. On Tab (Tabiteuea) South they say there is no internet.  I think we will be able to radio into the Elders on Tab North for contact.  I am thinking that I will be there until July so I can probably Skype in a couple months.  Please keep writing me at the Tarawa address and you can email me but just realize that I might not see them for a while.

Well, I am happy and healthy here and loving my mission.  I just try and remember that this is my time to serve the Lord.  I try to forget everything that goes on outside in the world and I try to just focus on my mission and serving the Lord.

I am having a great time here! :) 
Love,
  Elder Dinsdale
 Here are some pictures from Elder Kitchens mom.  They were taken when Scott was in Tarawa with many of the Elders from the MTC!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment